Hello, dear all, how come my jira-administrator becomes ready-only and cannot allow me to add user into administrator group?
You've been removed from the administrator group, or you've changed the user directory to an external directory, or you've added too many "active" users and exceeded your licence. Probably the first though.
Hello, Nic
I am pretty I am still in administrator group. I have only two directory on is company read-only AD the other one is JIRA Internal. my company purchased unlimited license.
Sorry, the other possibility is that the admin group was removed from the global admin permission, I should have said that alongside "removed from admin group" You'll need to check that you still have full admin rights. If you do, and you can't maintain groups at all, that implies that the internal directory has been disabled and all user maintenance is to be done outside JIRA. I think it's worth explaining, exactly, waht "cannot allow me to add user" means - you can get into the maintenance but there's no edit options? You can try to add them but nothing happens? etc
Capture.JPG
Capture_az.JPG
I have the same problem. I´m in the jira-administrator group along with 20 other people. We can all do what we want to do as administrators. However, I can not add new members to jira-administrator group, because it doesn't have to option (see attachment). What is the possible cause?jira-administrator group.jpg
Ah, now that's different. That means that the external directory that green_shen belongs to is read only. You need to add the group in your external directory.
I think that's a different problem - you can't edit the admin group unless you are an administrator.
I fixed it
what do you mean by external directory? My jira is with company's AD and green_shen is the user in the company's AD that I want to add into 'jira-administrators'. So is the external directory you mentioned the AD? and what do you mean I need to add the group in my external directory?
how? wanna share?
Yes, that's the point - JIRA is reading the AD accounts, but it can't write to them because of your setup. So when you try to add a user into the group, it can't do it because AD is read only. You need to make the change in your AD system
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.