Hi
I would like to add multiple users to watch multiple spaces in Confluence - preferrable through script or directly into the database. Is it possible and how?
Hi Trinh,
I wasn't able to find this functionality in Confluence. I believe it doesn't exist from default. You may want to try to use the CLI from Bobswift which may provide this functionality.
I hope this helps!
Regards,
Rodrigo
Confluence REST API docs are at Confluence REST Api docs are at https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/REST/latest/. You might find something there.
Unfortunately, Confluence doesn't provide the ability to set space watches for another person - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-22313. The CLI can't work around that limitation. It is different for page watches. Here is the documentation for the addWatch action found on https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CSOAP/Reference. Add watch to page or space for a user. Any user can be specified for page watches. Only the current user is valid for space watchers.
Thanks for clarifying this information and the feature request link @Bob Swift [Bob Swift Atlassian Add-ons]!
You can use this User Macro I wrote to add space watches for multiple users (unfortunately, you have to do it one at a time, but it's not impossible):
https://bitbucket.org/stephendeutsch/confluence-user-macros/src/39c3a025dacc6b45abc0105f0b7a21a7375690b4/bulk%20remove%20watchers/remove%20watches%20for%20user.vm?at=master
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.