(assignee = robind AND status not in (Closed, Received, Reviewing, "In Committee")) OR (assignee = robind AND labels not in (PSG, Triage))
I'm still getting tickets that have the labels indicated above.
Thanks.
Why do you have to specify "assignee = robind twice"? Just use:
assignee = robind AND status not in (Closed, Received, Reviewing, "In Committee")) AND labels not in (PSG, Triage)
I think you're missing brackets, try adding some to the whole query
This is not working either, unfortunately. Maybe if I explain in non query language what I'm trying to do, a proper query can be written by someone who knows what to do.
I want to see two types of tickets:
Also, if I try to query just on the second bullet assignee = robind and project = "Client Support" and labels not in (PSG, Triage) I don't get the proper results. There's something about this second part that I can't get right.
To combine them back together, use lots of braces to force the correct reading:
assignee = robind and (
( issuetype = "business analysis" and status not in (Closed, Received, Reviewing, "In Committee") )
or
( issuetype = "client support" and labels not in (PSG, Triage) )
)
If that doesn't work, then you need to do some debugging on what is going wrong - what issues are missing when they should be selected, and what are left out when they should be there?
There are some discussions here about the "Labels" part https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching Searching labels is yes, a bit tricky.
Nic is close, if you try to exclude labels you need also to include empty labels.So the part ( issuetype = "client support" and labels not in (PSG, Triage) ) should be ( issuetype = "client support" and (labels not in (PSG, Triage) or labels is empty) )
Yes, sorry, I'm very fuzzy on searching labels because I tend to use labels in a really simple way. When I'm searching labels, the clause is almost always "label = x", and I forget that searching for negative labels is possible.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.