Is it possible for a newly created JIRA issue to show as "From" the Reporter? Additionally, could replies be routed to that Reporter? Alternatively could it be added as a comment without having to configure a lot of projects manually?
I believe you are looking for this feature requeat:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-7108
Er, what does "from" mean in this context? The reporter is the person who reported it, so it's already showing as "from" them most of the time (the exception is if you allow "edit reporter" and put it on the create screen - that will let someone else raise an issue and set the reporter to someone else)
To get the emails going, just include "reporter" in the notification scheme.
I should have been more clear. Both reporter and assignee receive the notification email. My question is about the email that's received. Right now it's coming from the System Owner account (so the "From" on the actual email states that it's from the sys account rather than the Reporter). I see a way to add a specific email address on a project by project basis to send the emails "From" but no way to actually change it so that it appears that it's coming from the Reporter.
Sure was. Thanks!
Glad I could help. Go ahead and vote on it to increase its popularity.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.