So here is our setup
We have test, dev and prod environments. Each confluence instance is a VM running on Ubuntu 22.04. We use PostgreSQL as the backend database and it is installed on each host. We are using the .tar.gz installer method to upgrade.
I have successfully updated my dev and test environments to v7.19.5 from 7.19.1, however for some reason in the production VM, after I finish the installer and start Confluence afterwards, when I go to update any of the plugins that show they have updates available I am getting the following error:
An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information.
Ok, I can do that - but what log should I be looking into? What exactly should I be looking for after I figure out what log to look at? All three VMs are supposedly identical, so this sort of thing should not really be happening.
I should also mention that the first time I login to the admin panel after the upgrade, the upgrade summary says the following regarding user apps
User apps
All enabled apps are available.All apps are compatible and have started. Apps are managed by the Universal Plugin Manager in Confluence administration.