upgrading 4.1 to 5.1.... should be easy, right?
Not. (at least: Not on Win2003 server with latest java JRE)
installer error #1: Cannot delete the confluence directory.... (well yes, that is because tomcat is still running and has a bunch of files locked in there... the "apache tomcat" service was created by a confluence installer, so it should be detected by the installer..)
installer error #2: "undefined variable exception" OK, whatever.
installer error #3: I didn't catch. something about install4j blowing up in some way
post install issue #1: my mods to server.xml were wiped out. So gotta figure it all out again (to get ssl back in gear). // Every update I have done to confluence over the years has this issue. I have to re-discover ssl every year or two.
If it was more reliable to upgrade confluence.... we would do it more often.... The Fog Creek guys are many miles ahead of atlassian here.
Atlassian: Can you make the install process smoother?