For my project's Jira issues, teams are filling in the Start Date and End Date for each issue. The Gantt chart dates seem to be driven by Target start and Target end (those column headers each have a D beside them). The date bars will show up only if I manually plug in the dates in the Target date columns, even though they are already in the issues themselves by virtue of Start Date and End Date. Thing is, I was using Target Start and Target End before, and date bars didn't show up then, either.
I need the Gantt chart to automatically show the date bars, timeline schedule bars, whatever the heck they're called, without making my product managers and product owners plug in the dates themselves into the plan after they've already put it into the issues. I thought this functionality was in Advanced Roadmaps.
Which date fields should we be using? Within my project's issues, do I need to migrate data in Start Date to Target Start and the data in End Date to Target End? Will that make the date bars appear in the Gantt chart? EDIT: I tried that, it didn't work.
Step-by-step instructions would be appreciated. I'm on Jira Server 8.20.10 and Advanced Roadmaps 8.20.10 in a classified environment, so I cannot share screenshots.
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.