A former system administrator has disabled our connection to the Atlassian Marketplace server, and I cant figure out why.
As the new sysadmin I still want to control what apps are downloaded and more important what apps are updated. In other words: I want to control my JIRA instance.
We are already using the "Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin"
We have a lot of self developed apps - And I want to ensure compatibility
We are on JIRA 8.17
In my former posts I found out that:
"The connection to Atlassian marketplace is very safe. There is no issue/user data exchanged. The link will check your versions and flag any core or plugin apps as having updates available. Whether you apply them or not will be your choice by selecting each update."
Many thanks to @Tom Lister
I now have some follow up questions:
If I restore the connection to the Atlassian marketplace, it will in principle have no consequences unless I myself actively choose to update some components in my JIRA instance?
There is something I need to be aware of when I re-establish the connection to Atlassian marketplace?