User is not receiving notifications when assigned to tickets.
I have checked all of the common causes that I know of, including:
- Verified their "My Changes" preference was set to Notify Me
- Verified they could receive e-mail from Jira(via Adminstration->System->Outgoing Mail->Send Test Email)
- When assigned to a ticket that they should have received a notification for, I used the Notification Helper to see why they were not receiving notifications. Notification helper says that they are receiving notifications.
- Project in question uses the same notification scheme as other projects (from which I personally am receiving notifications for just fine)
This person did receive notifications once upon a time, but apparently received a lot of unwanted notifications (I don't know the details on this, previous admin handled it). Previous admin did something (don't know what) to reduce that, but it seems like whatever they did got rid of wanted notifications as well.
I am very new at this and have just taken over from another admin that left the project last week, so I may have missed some very obvious problems.