I am preparing custom reports by combining data from Jira and Confluence, and I'd like to add data from Atlas. Does Atlas have API access?
We currently don't have this but are looking into it in our mid-term roadmap.
Today as a workaround, you can export the data to CSV - would that help?
Would love to hear about your scenario - what kinds of reports / questions do you want to answer when combining data from Jira, Confluence and Atlas? Wondering if there is something else we can do better here..
Also, did you know that we have the Atlassian Data Lake which would let you query Jira and Confluence through a database like experience? https://www.atlassian.com/platform/analytics/what-is-atlassian-data-lake#why-use-the-atlassian-data-lake while Atlas isn't in the Data Lake yet (we hope to add it) that could be another way we could think about solving your problem - just interested to hear if you knew about this or is this another way you'd consider solving it.
Did not know about the data lake, thanks! If the Atlas API happened to show up around the same time as Atlas data in data lake, I might rethink how I'm doing this so all queries go there instead.
Our teams are using Atlas for updates, Confluence for living docs with PRD / Project overviews, and Jira for coordinating within teams. We've designed processes to connect these things together relative to other company activities, and the scripts help catch instances where epics have invalid status, or doesn't match the status of the confluence, or if Atlas is missing some links it's supposed to have etc.
The CSV export might help, I'll look into it. I'll want an easy way to export somewhat in bulk, but I'll look what's there.
Honestly, the CSV export of the project list is mostly what I was looking for! If there was an API / URL *just for that* I'd be pretty happy.
My web programming skills are very basic - what's the url to get that CSV? I tried to look for it in the browser but I couldn't figure it out.
Bonus: the more project attributes the better, but whatev.
@James Bergstra you can find it in the project and goals directory, behind the "..." menu:
Here's my use case I'd like to solve. It's pretty straight-forward. We use Atlas. We use Salesforce. For various reasons, we need the same notes in both places. Don't ask why So what I want is to avoid having to login to Salesforce as much as possible (UX is horrible!).
Workflow is simple:
With this not being a native automation possible today inside Atlassian's automations, I'm looking for a DIY solution:
Absent an API, is there a way to pull out project updates via a script somehow today. This won't scale using a human to do a CSV export, I'm looking for a way this can be scripted.
Thanks!
FYI @Sherif Mansour details about our API/webhook use case as you work towards designing the solution!
I work at a technology company - we build tools and automations within the company to make tools work for us. I'd like Atlas to open up so we can fix things that are limiting or not how we need them.
Here is my use case:
Because Atlas is the most lean and accusable product compared to Jira i'd like to push Atlas as a bare minimum required for project owners - but I need to compare with rest API's what missing connections there are and enforcement of regular updates or lack there of to connect with other automations.
I am interested in using Atlas as a way for a small team of project managers to provide regular updates and route them into a BI tool where the updates could be correlated with budget information and summarized for management review. In order for this to be practical we would need a robust method for moving basic project and update data from Atlas to the BI tool (DOMO)
Matt
Are there any JAC tickets we can add our votes to that give different use cases already under consideration?
My immediate thoughts for API access cover the following.
1. Extract Atlas information for inclusion in other systems both Atlassian and outside the ecosystem2. Import information from other systems that impact a project deliverable - eg release updates, total # of passed/failed CI tests etc. 3. Access to hierarchy of teams for approvals in JSMOne more thing...Would love to have a dashboard gadget to be able to include the status updates on a rolling display alongside other Jira Software/Service Management information
I'm about to pass out from holding my breath on this API... Anything on the roadmap Atlassian friends?!?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.