We recently upgraded to Confluence 5.1 from 3.5 and we've noticed that you are unable to resize images in the editor by dragging the corner as was done in Confluence 3.5. Is there a fix or is this being corrected?
Hi Paul,
I'm not familiar with this feature. The only way I know of to resize images in confluence is by directly editing the image after inserting. Selecting one of the available preset sizes or directly with the pixel size. Do you know if you had an add-on that allowed you to do so?
This was in version 3.5 and was an inherrent part of Confluence, we used nothing special for this, when in Edit mode in the Rich Text Editor after attaching the image and inserting it on the page you had the 2 thumbnail options, one fixed size smaller image and the Original sizing, there was no box to enter pixel size, as you have now, you simply clicked on the image and you had the little squares around the image that would allow you to drag it however you wanted, you could make it distorted if you so desired. The only thing we have that may have impacted that is the Original Redefined Wiki Theme, but we still have it and I doubt it was through there.
This question has yet to be answered, I find it hard to believe that no one else has complained about this, it's a real pain and a step backwards in terms of UI.
We moved to Confluence 4.x from Confluence 2.x (skipping version 3). It seems that in Confluence 2 resizing images by dragging the corner has been possible, too, but I never missed it. I only remarked it when I read your post.
I wonder whether the image resizing toolkit I am testing these days can help resize images in Confluence 3.5? I am not an expert here. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Peter
I am having the same issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.