On my system, the default value is "blocked" for Linked Issue. I want to change it to "relates to".
Any idea?
The only way to do that is to make 'Blocked' the first value in the issue linking section. JIRA will just take the first value there and display it as the default.
But it seems on Admin Area -> Issue Linking that the system will sort link type automatically from A to Z.
I just tried to add a new link type called "Connect", just like I expected, the system saved and sorted it after "Cloners".
Maybe a script in the announcement banner to sort the field?
Not sure about how to write it though.
You need to create a Behaviour - Initializer, with the Scriptrunner plugin:
getFieldById("issuelinks-linktype").setFormValue("relates to")
More infos at: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/recipes/behaviours/working-with-issuelinks.html
Thanks for your answer it works for me
I know this is an old post... but blocks is first in my issue linking section, however, when I create a linked issue, the default is "causes"... I NEED BLOCKS TO BE DEFAULT! helppp
@jhuynh - figure this out? (If you have access to a tool like ScriptRunner, use Kisgergely's answer.)
Are you using Jira Cloud, or Jira on-premise solution like Server or Data Center?
Curious how "causes" is the default... on my test Jira instance, the default keeps going for the first choice alphabetically.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.