Hi All
I have a custom field that is a dropdown. I have configured lots of options for it. Is it possible to limit the options per project?
Thanks
In your Custom Field admin screen, click "Configure" > then "Add New Context". Name this context whatever you like then choose the appropriate project. Save it then click "Edit Options". Create one context for each project and edit the options separately, do not use the default one.
Yes thats where project configuration comes into picture.
You can configure options based upon project for a single field.
Thanks,
Sumit
Just to be clear, as Sumit said, you can configure the field by project and issue type, however, you create a separate configuration for each project or issue type. You can't have one list and put a filter on it by project or issue type
Thanks Joe for clearing this up. Ideally I want one field as I use this in exports and pivot against it. It would be good to have the filter so I can keep the same field. Looks like I cant do it then. Thanks
For the purposes of filters/exporting it is as if there was only one field. If you build a filter for exporting from multiple projects you only select the one field name. It will pull the respective values for each project/issue type.
This is nice. What about some API to
Is it possible using v7.2 API?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.