We have a lot of people who create pages and then others will post a lot of attachments to those pages. I want the attachements macro to automatically be added to all new pages. I'm sure there is a way to add it in the template but I don't know where to add it nor the code to do it. Does anyone have an answer for this?
Which version of Confluence are you using now?
You can create a new template (Confluence Admin > Global Templates) and add Attachments macro in this template. Please refer to the following documentation for more info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Adding+a+Template
Users need to use this newly created template every time they create a page (Add > Page from template)
If you are using Confluence 4.2.4 and below, please note about this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-18422
Hello,
Actually I don't know other way to allow add such attachments to all pages. However I created for you this feature request that may be implemented in a future version:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28030
Feel free to comment and vote in this feature request.
Just to clarify, I don't mean adding attachments from one page onto a newly created page. I just want the default template for a page to include the attachments macro so that when someone creates a new page, the attachments macro will automatically be on the bottom of that page regardless of whether or not any attachments have actually been added yet.Sorry for any confusion.
I am using version 4.3. Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.