Hi,
I would like to apologize first for the provocative title. I just want to bring this up to discussion - and maybe I get some answers, which I'm currently looking for.
But let's start with a little introduction. At our company we are developing massively different projects for our customers, which lead us to agile approach. To be more specific, we use Scrum and Kanban – and we are very happy with it… but we are missing some tools to support us. I will focus now on Scrum.
Scrum is not a processes, it’s a framework to develop a process. To be more detailed, every project must have it’s own dedicated process, which is optimized to perfectly suit the needs of the projects and satisfies the customers and developers.
So we are evaluating jira for our agile projects. Greenhopper for planning and Structure for backlog grooming are good plugins so far. Issues and task are also suitable. But the administration concept has some weaknesses.
Like I said, every project must have it’s OWN process. An tool, specially like jira must support the process with workflows, fields, screens, … which must be maintained by the project members – and not by a global administrator. And it must be prevented that a project administrator can view or change other projects settings. But this is currently not possible, because a project admin can't change the workflow, screen and fields. And an jira admin has access to all projects, which is not preventable.
Are there any idea’s how to solve this. Maybe someone can point me to a documentation.
Thank you for any help!