Hi @Alex W
Has Trello recently changed their policy on Observers copying boards per your post
Can Observers Copy Boards For Their Own Use? (goskope.com)
I am trialing a Premium account to see how I will manage a project and was interested in how Observers work https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/adding-observers-to-boards/
I set up a new account (LR) and added the LR account as an Observer to my Premium board but noted that LR was able to copy the whole board. Would appreciate your further thoughts as I am wondering if I there are other settings I need to enable so that Observers can't copy the whole board.
Thank you.
Hi @Running - welcome to the Community! Please note that there is no need to copy individual users such as myself - anyone can answer your question here.
Is the new account you set up an admin of the Premium workspace?
Thanks for your fast response. Just so you are clear on what I have done I will detail the steps.
Hope this helps.
Thanks again.
Hi @Running - still not hundred percent sure what's happened here as you've tagged yourself in step 3.
If you add someone to a board as an Observer but they're already an admin of the Premium workspace, then their admin status in the Premium workspace will override their Observer status on the board. Therefore, they'll still be able to copy the board, as Premium workspace admins have admin capabilities on all boards in the Premium workspace.
If this doesn't answer your question, I highly recommend raising a ticket with Trello Support at https://trello.com/contact
As a Premium subscriber, you are entitled to same day support, and we can also ask for personal data such as the email/username of the person you've added as an Observer, the URL of the board you added them to, etc.
Thanks again. Sorry, there are two separate Trello accounts. One is trialing a Premium subscription and the other is @Running. The account with the Premium trial added @Running as an Observer... Happy to raise a ticket though. Thank you for your time!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.