I am looking for any validator/condition in my workflow which blocks the subtask transition when parent issue is at Done/Closed state.
Hi @Daisy Hall and welcome to the community!
Take a look at this thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Hello-Is-it-possible-to-block-subtask-transition-when-parent/qaq-p/2240080
If you have scriptrunner or JMWE you can use write a validator within the create transition of your subtask's workflow:
issue.parentObject?.status.name != "Done"
And if you have JMWE you can also use:
which will allow you to choose the status of the parent issue.
Hi @Alex Koxaras -Relational- - Thanks for reply. I feel Parent Status Validator is not suitable for workflow with more number of status (Transition - All to All)
Also was the thread link for any similar case? Could you pls provide the correct link.
Any further suggestion or quick way to achieve it?
Basically the case was to block closure of parent issue when linked/subtask is not in done state. I am looking for quite its opposite, i.e transition of subtask should be blocked when parent issue is in done state.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.