I am wondering if there is a way to create an automation in Jira that updates both values of a cascading field based on text in the Description. Long story short, I have created a Slack form that generates a Jira issue, but due to certain requirements, it is a manual form so every answer to a question goes into the "Description" field.
I would like to reference a part of said text in the description field in the automation so that it then updates the corresponding Cascading, custom field.
I've gotten halfway there but my JSON gives me the "Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON."
So heres how I want it to work ideally:
- When an Issue is Created (Trigger);
- If the description field contains the words "Fake Text" (If Block);
- My automation should then Edit (Edit Issue);
- And consequently update both values of my cascading field.
- "Fake Text" will control both values for the field.
Below is the JSON I have tried thus far:
1.
"fields": {
"customfield_12345" : { "value": "fake_text1", "child": { "value" : "fake_text2"} }
}
}
2.
{
"set": {
"customfield_12345": [
{
"set": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Sample Cascade.fake_text1}}",
"child": {
"value": "{{triggerIssue.fields.Sample Cascade.child.fake_text2}}"
}
}
I think my biggest hangup is not knowing where/how to reference the custom field ID (Another cascading field exists by the same name) and also not understanding if the "Fake Text" should have a space between words, or an underscore in the JSON.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you!