In my Insight Object Schema, I have a location object type, a server rack type, and different types of assets. As defined, Components can be "installed in" a Server Rack, and a Server Rack can be "located in" a Room.
I am trying to use Insight Automation rules to automatically assign the same Room object to the lower-level component objects as the Server Rack object (i.e., if Server1 is located in Server Rack1, and Server Rack1 is located in Room1, I want to auto populate Room1 as the Location field of Server1).
Using placeholders, I don't seem to be able to assign the object to the attribute field value. I have tried many different syntax options for the placeholder. Here are a few that I have tried:
Location IN ${Rack}
"Location" IN ${Rack}
objects having inR(Name in ${Rack})
${Rack.Location}
${Rack}.Location
Automation rule is as follows:
WHEN object is created/updated THEN Attribute Name: "Location" Value: [above syntax attempts]
I am using placeholders throughout the schema in object filtering for attribute values, so I feel like I have a good handle on using placeholders. Do the automation rules not support the use of dynamically setting values based off IQL queries? Or is there a syntax format that I am missing?
Any ... insight ... would be appreciated.