I'm trying to terminate an ssl connection at apache, and proxy that back down to jira. Yay. There's even a blurb about what to do in the docs: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Integrating+JIRA+with+Apache However the documentation is pretty thin.
I've tried the following configurations to no avail. When hitting domain.com:8080 I am presented with jira! when I hit https://domain.com the request times out.
Configuration 1:
(ubuntu 10.04 lts server)
/etc/apache/sites-enabled/jira-mod_proxy
<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
<VirtualHost _default_:443>
ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log
LogLevel warn
CustomLog /var/log/apache2/ssl_access.log combined
SSLEngine on
SSLProxyEngine On
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/</pre<>> ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/</pre<>> </VirtualHost>
</IfModule>
Configuration 2: same file
NameVirtualHost *:443 <VirtualHost *:443> <Proxy *> Order deny,allow Allow from all </Proxy> SSLEngine On SSLProxyEngine On SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/ ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/ </VirtualHost>
Thoughts?
I use Ubuntu 10.04 with JIRA+Apache+SSL as well. However, instead of mod_proxy, I use mod_jk. It's a bit difficult to add markup to answers here, so I explain my answer futher in my blog: http://justinit.wordpress.com/2011/06/15/jira-with-apache2-and-ssl/
Turn off the "SSLProxyEngine" since your not proxying in SSL, your terminating SSL at apache.
This works for me with Jira 4.3.2 on Ubuntu 11
In your apache conf make sure that the Listen 443 directive exists and the NameVirtualHost *:433 (on ubuntu this is in the separate /etc/apache2/ports.conf file)
<VirtualHost *:443>
Allow from ALL
ProxyRequests OFF
ProxyPreserveHost ON
ServerName sandpit
SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /etc/apache2/ssl/server.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/apache2/ssl/server.key
SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
ProxyPass /jira http://localhost:8085/jira
ProxyPassReverse /jira http://localhost:8085/jira
</VirtualHost>
(Note the servername in the virtual host needs to match the common name in your selfsigned cert else will generate warnings in the log)
Then in your Jira server.xml (INSTALL/conf/server.xml)
Add the following to the connector section:
scheme="https"
proxyName="localhost"
proxyPort="443"
The proxyname needs to match your proxy server hostname
If using application links at all then you will probably need to import the certificate into the java keystore as well - that is documented here:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+SSL+services
Kind of sparse explanation, but I'm trying to implement what you have Justin. Could you possibly ad in a little more verbiage to make your explanation more readable? (on your blog post, I mean)
I set my environment up following Justin's code outline and it is working, but I already had it working via the mod_proxy method. The resaon I tried Justin's method was to see if I could get application links working between Jira and Confluence. Unfortunately it's still the same using the mmod_jk method.
Justin - Have you got it working so that Jira and Confluence can talk to each other with application links while also terminating SSL to apache in the front?
I, too, have both apps on the same physical host. They still use the Trusted Applications method as opposed to Application Link. Both are using the https address for connecting in this way. If I remember correctly, the order of operations here is important. I would go back and read the docs on this process (perhaps even the Here Be Dragons tutorial -- I found it helpful for this piece).
Awesome! Helped me. Thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.