Hi,
Is there any marketplace plugin where in we can define the space permission policy and receive alerts via email or Slack notifications whenever someone changes the permissions for any of the spaces?
Thanks,Vamsi
Not that I know of. Not sure there is a way to get notified. If it is a problem then remove the space administration from anyone. Give them the ability to perform some actions but not change permissions @Vamsi Kandala
Best,
Fadoua
Hi @Vamsi Kandala
Not that I know of - but you might be able to use the Audit Log, and do a regular check: https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf719/auditing-in-confluence-1157467616.html
There are Apps on the Marketplace which allow you to central Space Permissions, to make it easier to review them collectively - such as Space Admin for Confluence - but I'm not personally aware of an App which provides notifications!
Ste
Hi @Ste Wright
Thank you for the response.
Yes, I have already considered the 'Space Admin for Confluence' but it does not serve my requirements.
Thanks again,Vamsi
Hi @Tinker Fadoua
Thank you for your response.
We are serving many customers from different companies and projects. So we provided space admin permissions to selected few from each of the companies/ projects. That way, the respective space admins can take care of the tasks like adding/ removing their members and/ or adding/ removing permissions instead of contacting the Confluence administrators every time such need arises.
Still, we want to make sure that the space admins are careful about who they give permissions to and what kind of permissions. We can check the audit log periodically like @Ste Wright mentioned above but this is a manual task and takes lot of time to go through the logs.
Oh I see. Did you try by any chance ScriptRunner for Confluence ?
Yes. Right now, I am using ScriptRunner Listeners and getting email notifications whenever any space admin removes any permission for any of the users.
I am trying to setup the Listener to alert whenever the space admin adds the permissions pertaining to 'Delete' like page deletion, blog deletion, attachment deletion and so on.
Will update if I find more.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.