I just attempted an upgrade to our confluence server instance using the automated installer.
In the server.xml all the default connectors changed their ports from 8090 to 8093
8093 is the port we are using, per atlassian's recommendation, for the tunnel connector to our cloud instances (Configure required connections and upstream ports | Atlassian Support)
I didn't catch that they were all set to 8093 now so I added my tunnel connector which of course kept confluence from starting correctly. So I changed the port for my normal apache https proxy connector to 8090 (that's the only change made to the one included in a comment block), kept the 8093 tunnel connector, and then confluence 8.02 was able to start. Sadly a bunch of my apps didn't start (was hoping they were just not yet marked as supported but that they'd work, no such luck) and I have reverted back to 7.19.2 and will probably try 7.20 instead.
But that change to the default connector raises questions.
Do I still need a separate tunnel connector or does this change integrate it into the normal connector?
Is there some other reason for the change to the port that's never been changed?
Did it make this change automatically just for me because I had a connector with 8093?