Hi,
I am trying to figure out how to do the following and could not find a way so far to do it so any help is much appreciated!
Hi there !
Yes, on the same model as the first rule described in this article (you can find a recorded video) : Product demo: Automation for Delivery 🤖
So in your case what's going to be tricky is that both fields are named exactly the same, but are different (if you would copy the description field like in the example, it's easy because it is a common field for all projects).
I would suggest that you change the name of the fields like ConnectorJSW (for the Jira Software one) and ConnectorJPD (for the Jira Product Discovery one) otherwise you won't know which one to choose during the creation of the rule - you can surely rename them afterwards, but just in general I think it's better if you can easily differentiate two fields. I will refer to them in that way in the example below.
Here's what you need to follow:
Rule details:Single project automation in the Software project key CN (or you can create a global rule that apply for all Software projects if you have Jira Software premium).
Rule: When: Issue linked > Link Type "Polaris issue link"Then: Edit issue > Field to set: "ConnectorJSW" > Issue to copy value from: Destination issue > Field to copy value from: ConnectorJPD"
Rule:
When: Issue linked > Link Type "Polaris issue link"Then: Edit issue > Field to set: "ConnectorJSW" > Issue to copy value from: Destination issue > Field to copy value from: ConnectorJPD"
I just tested it and it works well !
Cheers,
Hermance
+1 - I would also like this answer.
Hi @Hermance NDounga ,
Thank you so much for the proposed solution! I just tried and it worked as expected
I didn't realise I can set the source issue in the "Copy" rule and therefore I could not make it work. I also tried first to push it from the JDP project to the Software Project which also didn't work. And the hint to change the names in order to differentiate them helped too.
Jeny
Hi Hermance,
I renamed the JDP field to implement the automation and afterwards I reverted it to the original name which is the same as the field in the Software project (because you said I can rename them). The automation didn't pick at all that there has been a name change and it stopped working. It only works when there is some difference in the names. I tried multiple times and unless the field names are different it won't work. That's not ideal but an acceptable tradeoff for having a working automation
Jeny,
Glad to hear that it is working ! Ha sorry for renaming the fields, I thought it would be possible. I think as they are different fields, having different names makes sense.
As part of our roadmap, but that's definitely for a "Future" consideration, we would like to be able to support cross-project fields. For the moment we haven't decided on a technical solution as we would go in multiple different ways, but it would surely ease your set up
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.