I need a python script in order to upload a file to docupedia page, how could I make that?
Hi @Hagar Mohamed and welcome,
Perhaps you are not on the right community asking the right questions..
Can you explain more the need you have in regards to Confluence? How confluence relates to docupedia? How have you integrated the two systems?
docupedia is a part of confluence, our company ask confluence to make it for us,https://inside-docupedia."our company name".com/confluence/ this is the URL
Ah! It seems that you have installed confluence inside a domain, but I honestly do not know the answer to your question.
thank you, is there another place should I ask my question in?
There's a doc on using the REST API to attach files to Confluence Server over at https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/using-the-confluence-rest-api-to-upload-an-attachment-to-one-or-more-pages-1014274390.html
It's not Python, you'll need to find Python code that can make REST calls, but that doc tells you what content you'll need to be sending.
when I run this command,
curl -u username:password -X POST -H "X-Atlassian-Token: nocheck" -F "file=file_name" https://inside-docupedia.company_name.com/confluence/rest/api/content/page_id/child/attachment | jq -r '.results[].title'
this error pops up to me
parse error: Invalid numeric literal at line 1, column 10
That looks like a jq error - try removing the pipe to jq from the command to see what curl is actually getting.
it gets me this error
{"statusCode":403,"data":{"authorized":false,"valid":true,"allowedInReadOnlyMode":true,"errors":[],"successful":false},"message":"User not permitted to create attachments for content: ContentId{id=2686483136}","reason":"Forbidden"}
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.