I am an admin on Confluence and I have a couple of users that are not able to see the images on a couple of pages in our wiki. They are getting unknown attatchment where it should be. When I go to the same page I can see the images as can others in the company. This is occuring with both Firefox and Chrome on Windows 7. It seems to be account related but can see no reason on their accounts that would block access to the images.
I am marking this as answered as I do not think it is an issue any longer.
Are those images on the same page or are they on a page with view restrictions?
Check the difference in permissions between a user that CAN see the images and one that CAN'T. It's probably related to the location of the images/attachments. The location may some restrictions that the users who can't see the image are not allowed. Elevate their privileges, or allow anonymous access (or some lower level) on the page that hosts the images.
The users in question have the same permissions and the page has no restrictions. I updated some macros that were in need of updating due to a plug-in update I did recently. I am hoping that might have fixed it.
One other idea, and this is a stretch but I've encountered it... If the images are stored elsewhere and just referenced on the Confluence page, then the network access levels can come into play. Worth mentioning since I've been burned by this before.
<ac:image ac:align="center" ac:border="true" ac:height="760" ac:width="988"> <ri:attachment ri:filename="07 Key uploaded.png"/> </ac:image>
That is a bit of the code for one of the images that the users cannot see. It hosted on the confluence box and referenced on the page. None of the other images are externaly linked either.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.