We run confluence in a very large financial institution. I was trying to create a "moderator" role that will allow some users to help maintain all the spaces.
I am perplexed that this cannot be done with the Confluence permissioning?
If I put them in confluence-administrators, they can space-admin every space, but they can also do ANY other admin activity.
If I grant them the "Confluence Administrator" Role, they get limited admin of Confluence, but they don't get global space admin rights.
Is the only alternative to declare them as a Space Admin on every space? And expose them to being shut out by the local space Admin? I see space creators can get local space admin, but that won't apply to a group.
Seems like a giant group role is missing: moderation. i.e. full control over content but not application.
And yes, I read all of the documentation and how a Confluence Administrator isn't a confluence-administrator (Really good naming conventions btw).