I want to configure my project so that anytime a new Epic is created, a set of 5 Tasks are then created and linked to that Epic.
Hi Kathleen,
You can probably craft a script with the Script Runner that will do this for you.
-- Pedro
You can use a Create Issue post function from Create on Transition for JIRA. How to create subtasks on initial issue create has more information and specifically note the What about creating issues? section.
I think that the best way to automate issue creation is using plugin Issue Templates. It's very easy to configure and use. You need to just create template for issue and then anytime you want to create new issue you just need to choose your template and all selected fields will be autocompleted by value from template issue. So you have full control on issue creation. There is also post function to create subtasks on transition (so you can create 5 subtask for epic on issue create) and much more features that make issue creation easier and faster.
Here you documentation.
I hope i've helped you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.