Hi folks.How can one import insights in bulk into Jira Product Discovery?I'm considering a migration from Productboard, and while importing features seems doable via CSV import, I am not sure how to import all past insights.
Hi @Ivan Kovalov we don't have an importer for insights yet. But we have an API to create insights, if you want to go down that path. If so let us know and we'll share the details.
I couldn't find a steaightforward way, not retaining any linkage, especially since there's no concept of insights in JPD. So I Imported only the feature requests, and have been slowly having my team link each JPD idea to the original source, which in my case was Salesforce Chatter notes.
That said, now that I'm through it, I'm much more pleased, since there's no "middleman". Any info I need to further understand a request for an idea takes me back to the primary source, not some out-of-context snippet that someone pasted in to productboard.
We also just got rid of Productboard, and I miss the ability to have independent insights with the customer data easily accessible without a SF link!
It looks like independent insights are on their roadmap at some point, just not sure when.
Solved: Are there list of insights view somewhere? (atlassian.com)
following here
Hi @Tanguy Crusson , can you please share the details about the API?
In the other posts here, I only saw an API to fetch insights of a specific issue.
But for proper Productboard migration, what I want to do is to import all ideas and insights from Productboard, and keep the connections between them.
@Sara I'm new on the Jira Discovery insights and preparing a migration from ProductBoard, are you open to connect and share your experiences with me?
@wendy_vanthiel sure - my LinkedIn is on my profile.
hey @Tanguy Crusson
I also plan on migrating from PB and would love for you to share the best way to migrate insights into JPD.
if anyone else has done it, I would appreciate your help!
thanks,
Karin.
Until JPD handles insights like PB does then I wont even consider migrating.
Insights are our lifeblood and being tied to Ideas is cart before the horse. They need to be independent and not tied to ideas so can live on own until ready to assign, and can be assigned to multiple ideas at that if required.
@Ivan Kovalov have you completed the migration successfully? I'm considering also making the move and was wondering if it worked well?
@Tanguy Crusson I'm in this same boat and would love to use the API to create insights. Can you send more information to me?
Totally agree with this!
Follow here. We're also looking for solutions to migrate from the Productboard. The key requirements before we can do that are having the ability to import insights and having insights independent from the ideas.Thanks.
I've done this migration around 6 months ago with some custom Python code I wrote, using the Productboard CSV export and the JPD API. You can contact me in private and I can try finding it and sharing it with you.
However, it doesn't solve the "independent insights" issue of course - I just added the same insight to every idea.
In general, while it bothered me in the beginning, we understood that this requirement isn't as strong for my organization since 95% of our "insights" come from Jira Service Management anyway, and that's already an independent entity that can be linked to multiple Ideas.
@Guy Yasoor - I'm interested in the python script that you mention below. Can you share this with me. I can be dm'ed via www.linkedin.com/in/chadnauman or you can reply here with a link to your contact info and I'll reach out separately.
Thanks!
Hi @Guy Yasoor @Chad Nauman I'm trying to work on a similar migration. Would you be able to share your experience and the python scripts? I'm happy to respond to https://www.linkedin.com/in/ayushbansal425 or reach out myself if you give me your contact info. Thank you
You can also use Make to easily import the CSV to JPD, its super simple. If you need help, you can reach out to me at v.nguyen@make.comAttaching screenshot - its two modules -> intput and output
Me too
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.