Hi Bitbucket team,
I had to change my password at work as per the password policy. Since that time, virtually every time I try to push to a repo hosted on my company's Bitbucket server, I receive this error:
Your Bitbucket account has been locked. To unlock it and log in again you must
solve a CAPTCHA. This is typically caused by too many attempts to login with an
incorrect password. The account lock prevents your SCM client from accessing
Bitbucket and its mirrors until it is solved, even if you enter your password
correctly.
If you are currently logged in to Bitbucket via a browser you may need to
logout and then log back in in order to solve the CAPTCHA.
I then have to log into Bitbucket and solve the CAPTCHA. I can push again within a minute on the same repo and not have to enter the CAPTCHA. If I wait longer than a minute, or if I immediately switch to a different repo and push, I will have to solve the CAPTCHA again.
I can however go to the Bitbucket web page, and repeatedly log out and log in without having to solve any CAPTCHA. Its always happens after attempting to push to a repo.
I've already made sure to change my git's password with
git config --global credential.helper wincred
And I can confirm that it is using the correct password with
git credential fill
protocol=https
host=gitscm.mycompany.com
So I don't understand what could be causing this.
I have seen that other people have complained about this issue.
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/274173
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/259633
Any ideas on how to fix this?
Best regards,
Matthew