HI @Charles Focant ,
Haven't encounter this issue during an upgrade. I'm wondering if there was a DB encoding issue. May want to check your troubleshooting and support page to wee if there's any fail checks.
It would be good to indicate what version you were upgrading from and to in case another member has gone through the same upgrade path.
-Ben
Hi @Charles Focant ,
as said by @Benjamin probably it is an issue due to db character encoding.
Please take a look to the following troubleshooting article https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-character-encodings-167194.html
Fabio
@Benjamin
7.18.3 -> 7.20.1 -> 8.01 ->8.02
So I'm currently at 8.0.2.
Please note that the accented characters show wrong only in the left column, not in the articles.
I don't see why there would be a problem in the database. I'm a junior sysadmin and have little knowledge about databases and Atlassian Products. I was hoping someone could help me.
It may have impacted it because the character may need to be change when upgrading.
Here's a documentation for further troubleshooting.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-character-encodings-167194.html
As per https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/troubleshooting-character-encodings-167194.html
I followed the link to the test: /admin/encodingtest.action
The test succeeded.
What does it mean?
I have the impression it is not an issue with the database but with the iframe on the left side of the page.
TEST RESULTS:
Test 1: Raw textThis is the test string generated in Confluence
Iñtërnâtiônàlizætiøn
Test 2: Form submissionThis is the test string pasted by you into the web form and submitted back to Confluence
Test 3: Database round-trip (select as lower-case)This is the string from Test 2 after being stored in the database and then retrieved as lower-case
iñtërnâtiônàlizætiøn
Expected result (converting Java string to lowercase)
Test 4: Database round-trip (select as upper-case)This is the string from Test 2 after being stored in the database and then retrieved as upper-case
IÑTËRNÂTIÔNÀLIZÆTIØN
Expected result (converting Java string to uppercase)
Test 5: International file name supportTry to write a file to the confluence home directory with the test string as the file name
File was written successfully
Test 6: Detect international file name manglingDetect whether the file system is mangling the file name when it is saved
The file name has been preserved
Same issue.It seems to be with the page tree macro. Other macros looks OK.
To get around this behaviour add the following to the JVM startup options:-Dfile.encoding=UTF8
More info here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-81330
Hi Alex,
I'm not the one who installed and manage Jira and Confluence.
Maybe you could guide me. How do I add the option?
Is there a file somewhere where I need to add this line?
Hi @Charles Focant, Follow those instructions to add -Dfile.encoding=UTF8 parameter to your JVM startup
https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/configuring-system-properties-168002854.htmlHave a nice day !
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.