Hi Team,
The project wizard fails to import and throws this error message:
There are 2 optional user(s) that do not currently exist in Jira and the import cannot create them. We are unable to automatically create them because their details do not exist in the backup XML data. The user(s) are not required to exist for the import to proceed, however you may wish to create them.
The username displayed is: =>70%
I can not create that username on my target instance as some special characters are not allowed and that user does not seem to exist in my sources instance when I search for it.
This is what I get when I try searching the logs:
2022-12-19 10:31:57,497+0200 JiraTaskExecutionThread-4 WARN QUINTON12 631x2254x1 vzr0kz 10.1.144.14,172.30.138.176 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSummary!reMapAndValidate.jspa [c.a.j.imports.project.DefaultProjectImportService] There are '2' user(s) referenced that JIRA can not automatically create. You may want to create these users before performing the import.
I tried updating all empty user fields like assignee, reporter etc. and I still get that error message. please advice
I tried following this article but I'm not using a UNIX-based operating system so it's tricky to follow hence I opted to update the fields prior to creating the backup file but the issue still persists https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/project-import-fails-with-there-are-required-user-s-that-jira-can-not-automatically-create-865045675.html
Thanks,
Q