Hello all,
I don't have a good knowledges on the JIRA tool as I’m using it as a common user for Software Problem Report tracking.
I'm wondering a set of question for a specific topic, if JIRA can do it and ease the follow-up during the equipment life-cycle.
I work for a company which manufactures some equipment and I would like to know if it’s possible to use Jira from the manufacturing step of a batch of recurrent units up to the maintenance activities (i.e. HW repairs).
Step 1/ During the manufacturing step, we need to be able to identify the following information:
- HW Part Number, Serial Number and Build Date of the main equipment including the parts (HW P/N, SN) used to build the main equipment
- Warranty period and associated warranty date
In other words, it's the ID card of the equipment and its associated assembled items
Step 2/ During the maintenance activities, we need to identify which assembled items is in default by for instance by able to tick dedicated root cause failure.
- Is it possible to define a list of foreseen root causes and update them thanks to the return of experience without losing data ?
- Is it possible to store the number of failure which have been raised on a dedicated Recurrent unit ?
Step 3/ In order to ease the report activity, is it possible to generate reports in order to have a clear synthesis of the number of failure on a dedicated equipment or on the complete park of equipment ?
By advance, thanks for your help and your answers.
Ph.D