Hello, I'm trying to apply filter generator to filter issues based on parent's values.
Groups are created by popping up the values from the story level to an epic by aggregate function. Then I want to keep stories only related to the group to do that I'm using parent{} function to get value from grandparent and comparing it with a story. It works great in quick transformation, however the same code doesn't work if you try to apply it via automation.
Here is the code:
parent#level=-2{item} == groupValue
where groupValue returns the name of the group the item belongs.
What I have now:
- Group 1
-- Epic 1
--- Story 1 (Related to Group 1)
--- Story 2 (Related to Group 2)
- Group 2
-- Epic 1
--- Story 1 (Related to Group 1)
--- Story 2 (Related to Group 2)
What I want to get:
- Group 1
-- Epic 1
--- Story 1 (Related to Group 1)
- Group 2
-- Epic 1
--- Story 2 (Related to Group 2)