I am using JIRA API in my project to display sprint report and burndown chart. We have a JOB which runs daily to import issues from JIRA Board. There is one feature where a user can request to get status of all tickets on a PAST date. Lets say today is 20th Dec and user is requesting to know how many tickets where in "To Specify" status on 19th Dec?
In order to implement this feature i am using below JQL
'status WAS "To specify" ON 2022-12-19 17:00'.
-----THE PROBLEM ----
It returns issues which were not part of sprint on 19th . I added a ticket on 20th to the sprint and moved to "Developing" status. Initially it was in backlog with "To Specify" status. Now after using above JQL I am getting this newly added ticket as "To specify" on 19th. My problem is why i am getting a issue in response of this JQL which is not even added to current sprint on 19th. I moved the issue to this sprint from backlog only on 20th.
is this feature normal?