Hello Confluence people,
The situation is that there are tens of pages which need to be individually printed to PDF. Each page is a letter with multiple authors. The lead author needs to sign it off so the person overseeing the process can then export the letters to PDF (I've sorted out the CSS). The authors are not great at following instructions, so we are using templates. The person doing the printing needs things to be quick and easy too (no repetitive individual edits).
My question is, what is the best way for the lead author to indicate in-wiki (i.e. not emails) that a page is finalised?
I can tell you what I've done so far which hasn't worked well. In the template I included the Choose Label macro, with the choice of just one label ('Ready') with a request that the lead author click it when the letter is ready to send. Clicking that then labels the page 'Ready', then feeds all pages with that 'Ready' label into an area on the space front page containing a Content By Label macro. It worked well in that the macro disappeared for that author, and that display for the overseer worked well too. The problem is that when the overseer opens each letter, the now-unwanted Choose Label macro persistently displays, and is included in the exported PDF.
This seems odd, since I thought the Choose Label macro was only supposed to show if the labels had not already been attached to the page - mine only has one label, so should be disappearing after being used once. Am I using it wrong?
Or is there a way to exclude the macro from the PDF export (we're doing individual pages, rather than space export)?
Or does anybody have a better way?
I should probably say, I don't think this will work if anybody has to do any repetitive deletions or copy/paste, or read elaborate instructions, or otherwise go out of their way. I think they'd say they prefer email.
Many thanks in advance,
Mira