We made an important change to a scheduled maintenance window, but customers were not notified. Is this really by design? Is the only option to cancel it and create a new one?
Hi,
I believe there are three different actions you can have automatically done for you.
You'll have the option to:
Notify subscribers immediately about the newly scheduled maintenance
Statuspage sends a reminder notification to email and SMS subscribers 60 minutes before this maintenance is scheduled to start.
You can change the status of the scheduled maintenance from "scheduled" to "in progress" at the specified start of the maintenance period. Additional options include...
Send notifications to email, SMS, and webhook subscribers
Automatically set affected components to "under maintenance" when scheduled maintenance begins
Hopefully that helps
Regards
Howard
If not automatic, is there a way to manually trigger a notification manually if we modify a maintenance window? It seems pretty straightforward that if a window is changed, that customers could be notified of it.
Thanks.
Yes.
Set the notification toggle after updating the window as shown below:
Thanks, I looked at my updated maintenance item and see the notification check box is enabled, but I did not receive any emails. I'll see if I can create a test item and try it again. Thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.