There is no 3 little dots like I see in the tutorials, on the right and you click "Board Settings", our Jira doesn't have that, we have the paid version...? Am I looking in the wrong place?
Hi Gregory - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Not all boards can be edited. What type of project are you using? Team-managed? Company-managed? Jira Work Management?
Hi @Gregory James and welcome!
Try adding this to the end of the board's URL:
?config=filter&insightsConfigTab=board
Right after the number of the board.
Also, you need to make sure you are one of the Board Admins for that board, if you haven't already.
HTH,KGM
You may not be a Board Admin, ask your Jira Admin to verify.
Hi @Gregory James,
Welcome to Atlassian Community!
Board settings in a company-managed project is only available if you are a project admin or have been added as a board admin. In a team-managed project you have to have the role of administrator in order to see Configure board.
One thing to note is that the way you modify boards is different between company managed and team managed projects. Without more info I would guess you might be in a team managed project but are looking at the documentation for a company managed project.
As John suggested, can you identify the type of project?
Please take a look at the bottom left corner and search for "team-managed" or "company-managed" project.
Also what do you see in the address bar: is it ***.atlassian.net/jira/core/** or ***.atlassian.net/jira/software/***?
I'm site admin, I have full admin access, but maybe I still have to add myself to the board admin somewhere else?
its company managed
/jira/core
I always add myself, even though I'm a site admin. You can add yourself or delegate this ability to others in the Project Settings > People screen.
Hi @Gregory James
Although you are site admin some projects may be restricted to access.
you are a site admin just go to project settings and just add your name in people then try once, then you can select Board now you can see 3 dots at the left side
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.