I created a plan in JIRA roadmaps and set up initiatives and did a reorganization of many epics and other sub issue types. Now for some reason epics get highlighted red and I can reassign them to new or other initiatives. I am stuck any help would be greatly appreciated.
Can you provide a screen image of what you see?
After you initially reorganized the issues, did you commit the changes back to the Jira projects.
changes were committed back to JIRA project yes.
The issue that you are hovering over does not appear to be an Epic, given the icon that is appearing next to it. The standard Epic icon is the purple one on the issue below.
I also see that there is a warning symbol to the left of the one you have selected. If you hover over that warning symbol (the exclamation point in the yellow triangle) does it provide a message?
Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira Server/Data Center? If you URL is similar to the one below then you are working with Jira Cloud.
https://<something>.atlassian.net
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.