I was doing some user clean up activity on one of our test instances and accidentally I lost my admin access. How could i get admin access back or should I take a new db dump?
See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Retrieving+the+JIRA+Administrator
Hi Nic,
I have access to the JIRA server but I dont have admin access. I checked "cwd_membership" table and found that no one is having jira-administrators access. Is there a way to get admin access for me? From a different test server, I checked and found the below data from the following query.
"select * from cwd_membership where child_name='spatruni';"
15279,10031,12554,GROUP_USER,jira-users,jira-users,spatruni,spatruni,5
15685,10039,12554,GROUP_USER,jira-administrators,jira-administrators,spatruni,spatruni,5
But in the instance where i lost admin access i found this data
34095,10031,12554,GROUP_USER,jira-users,jira-users,spatruni,spatruni,5
How can i get admin access? Could you please suggest?
Thanks,
Srinivas
The document I pointed to explains it much better than I would. Are you struggling with what that says?
From the documentation I checked the users who are having admin permission using the query "select child_name, directory_id from cwd_membership where parent_name='jira-administrators';" but no users returned. This is because of my accidental deletion. from the next step "If there are no Internal JIRA Administrators" I donot understand what it really means "Find the groups in the external management system that you want to grant the administrator permissions and do the following:" What does it mean finding group in external management? We are using Ldap for authentication. How the ldap group is acutally related here I do not understand. We manually assign admin permission to some specific users not based on any Ldap groups.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.