I have lost the admin password for my Confluence site (server v7.3.1) and am following the instructions here: Restore Passwords To Recover Admin User Rights | Confluence Data Center and Server 7.3 | Atlassian Documentation
After completing the changes and restarting the service, I enter Username=recovery_admin and Password=<the password I created>, however the screen simply refreshes and the URL changes to this: http://localhost:8090/login.action?os_destination=%2Findex.action&permissionViolation=true
I tried it with a couple of different simple passwords to ensure there wasn't something wrong with the password, but still no luck. No message, no nothing to indicate what the problem is.
Strangely, when I enter Username=recovery-admin (i.e. with a hyphen), I at least get a message indicating that the username and/or password are incorrect.
Any ideas? I'm stumped.
Hi @Catherine Tarrant ,
please verify that you placed
-Datlassian.recovery.password=<your-password>
in the right file and that you restarted your instance.
Could you share portion of your file settings so that we can check?
Fabio
@Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_
Thanks for your response. I stopped the service, then updated the Java Options placing this text... "-Datlassian.recovery.password=ABCD1234" at the end (see screenshot). I clicked Apply, and then OK, and then restarted the service.
Next, I launched the application on localhost and entered the new credentials. It spins for a few seconds, and then the screen simply refreshes, no error message. When I try a second time, same thing.
When I try a random account, an error message is provided, "Sorry, your username and/or password are incorrect. Please try again."
Any help or suggestions are welcomed. I am considering trying the database method next.
Thank you.
in my opinion you need to check options at registry level (https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/setting-properties-and-options-on-startup-for-atlassian-applications-833944787.html)
probably, that option is not stored at registry level and it caused your issue.
Ciao,
Hi @Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_
Thanks, I checked under <strong>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Wow6432Node >> Apache Software Foundation >> Procrun 2.0 >> CONFLUENCE</strong>(etc)...
<strong>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE >> SOFTWARE >> Wow6432Node >> Apache Software Foundation >> Procrun 2.0 >> CONFLUENCE</strong>(etc)...
and the entry for the password is listed there, so I do not think that is the issue.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.