Hi,
Is it possible to add a button on a trello card to send a POST request to an external API with data coming from this Trello card?
Thanks
L.
@Laurent Lacoste
Definitely. Doing it all the time.
I have now an app that handles certain services that are either not available in Trello automation. The difference is that this app is your own http request api server/gateway (if you want to integrate to other software). https://alpha.deta.space/discovery/@milynnus/space_butler
ok thanks.
but what is this app exactly?
I don't know her.
This app is a collection of code snippets that I have written to help solve some of the more complex Trello automation requirements. Now with the offering Deta, I am able to put this together as an app in which anyone can use. It sits in your personal cloud do not need to your your credentials with anyone. The services will either return results as {httpresponse} and you can use it in your Trello automation or effect some change on the board. The plus is that you do not need any server to host the app.
(1) eg if you do a lookup of card, you will not be able to use the CF of the card you found because the is no {{%foundcustomfieldname}}. Now you can get it from {{httpresponse.customfieldname}}
(2) You want to use a sticker from another card and add it to yours. Now you can.
(BTW due to a software upgrade, I suspect it created a problem on the app. Note, as you can see from the url, the offering by this company is in alpha)
Ok I see.
So by default, with trello, it's not possible to get custom fields values to insert them in a http post request?
because I have found this : https://support.atlassian.com/trello/docs/issuing-http-requests/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.