Hallo,
runs the Agile Ready suite in one Tomcat or seperated in Confluence and JIRA?
I suppose you're asking if you need to install JIRA & Confluence in the same Tomcat container or in two Tomcats. I may be outdated, but I do not know what "Agile Ready Suite" means.
I prefer to have separate installs (this way you can better control the mem needed, etc). Plus, when you're taking offline one Tomcat, you do not disrupt the whole thing. The overhead of running them separate (in terms of mem) is approx 64Mb per Tomcat instance, and that's low.
Bit of an aside, but Agile Ready is a bundle of Atlassian apps built and pre-integrated. http://blogs.atlassian.com/2014/05/introducing-agile-ready-atlassian/
Um, actually, NEVER run a Confluence and a Jira in the same Tomcat. It's a pig to get working, unstable, and Atlassian explicitly state you should not do it and they will not support you if you do.
If you really must run two Atlassian apps in the same container, then make sure they're the same app and on similar versions (e.g. two Jira 6.2.x, two Confluence 5.3.x etc)
Oh, thanks.
(...) make sure they're the same app and on similar versions (...) - Interesting, I am curious to find out why. Personal experience, docs or something else?
Personal experience.
Different versions of the software need different libraries, but a single container will only load one version. I got burned by Jira 3.6 and 3.7. If you loaded one or the other into the Tomcat, they ran fine. Enable both and you're reaching for database backups in minutes...
Thanks for the info... I will continue with spereate tomcats :-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.