I had JIRA running locally at
http://myserver.local:8080
I had Confluence running locally at
http://myserver.local:8090
I connected them up via the Application Links setting in Confluence, and all was fine.
Then we set up a mod_proxy with the two destinations
http://my.remote.url/jira and
http://my.remote.url/confluence
And, as instructed in the docs, we set our conf/server.xml file's context path from
<context path="" docbase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="true">
to
<context path="/confluence" docbase="../confluence" debug="0" reloadable="true">
This worked, and now both of our apps are accessible from the Internet... however, it also broke the Application Links between them.
Now, whenever we try to re-create these links, we can plug in all the information - URL, user info, reciprocal URL - and get up to the final "Create" button-press... but pressing the button creates a brief spinning ajax circle icon thing, and does nothing... keep pressing Create, keep waiting, no response.
We can't seem to make the application links go up again.
What are we doing wrong?
Thanks in advance for your help.