Hi!I have a case where on Jira server I have created multiple mail handlers to create tasks from mails. Most work fine but I have two that does not create issues. When I go to the mail handler and hit "Test" it picks up the mails that are in the inbox and the connection is successful but does not create tasks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Hi @Nico van der Walt and welcome to the community,
To whom is the issue create permissions assigned on the project to where the email handler doesn't create issues? Are you creating these issues with a default reporter?
Hi Nico,
can you please contact our support channel via https://metainf.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1 or support@metainf.atlassian.net?
To track down these issues, we will need some details, screenshots, potentially logs. Our tech team will be able to assist you to rectify the config or recommend a workaround.
Thank you,
Tibor
Hi @Alex Koxaras -Relational- Yes I do have a default reporter set up if Jira doesn't associate the mail address to a user in the systemThe create permissions are set up for admin users and participants of which the default reporter is a participant the funny thing is if I change the project the mails process and creates tasks but when I change it back and test it doesn't create issues - is there project settings I am maybe missing?
Can you also check your workflow create transition for any suspicious validators/conditions? There also could be a post function which can't run due to permissions and the whole create process never runs.
Hi AlexThanks SOO much for the support - there was a validator to make a field required on create. I removed the validator and task are creating now
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.