What are the maximum amount of memory that can be allocated in the attached screenshot?
I just upgraded to 4.4.3 and JIRA was crashing on startup with the OutOfMemory error in the stderr log file.
Theoretical limit with 32-bit java, unless you have a special version compiled with /3GB, is 2GB. What's the actual error in the stacktrace, are you sure it's not running out of permgen? 1Gb heap should be enough unless you have a large jira instance.
I cleaned the logs out this morning when I restarted JIRA but typically I would see whatever the last action JIRA was attempting to perform (always different) then I would see this 'Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError'
I have the PermGen set to 512MB. Can this be increased?
I have 4GB on the server and I "was" also running Confluence on the same server. I had to shut down Confluence to get JIRA back up and I am in the process of migrating Confluence to its own server.
You can increase it, but on a 32bit system you are restricted. I have not been able to allocate anymore than 1gb on a 32bit system. On a 64 bit system you can allocat a lot more. However, you should bear in mind that you don't want to over allocate the memory as it could also cause some performance problems.
How big is your system?
http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/lw4aDg
there;s different flavours of Java.lang.OutOfMemoryError, so having the full log message would help. I doubt you would need more than 256Mb permgen.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.