I have an xml file that was exported from another application. It contains data I would like to start managing using Confluence (i.e. migrating this data from a rigid application to Confluence, where we can define our own workflow).
I would like to import this file into a Confluence space, creating Page Property Macro tables with the data it contains. This is not practical to do by hand, since I anticipate 100's of pages created from the data in this xml file.
How can I do this? I can write code to read/write/modify the xml file to whatever format confluence would require for import, but I need to understand that format and how to perform the import.
As a proof of concept, I was able to convert the data in the xml file into an MS Word document containing tables and then import that into Confluence, but there is no way to specify Page Property Macros in MS Word, so I had a bunch of tables, but could not build reports with the data using the Page Properties Report Macro. Any suggestions?