Environment:
- Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
- MySql Server version: 5.7.40-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 (Ubuntu)
- mysql-connector-java-5.1.47-bin.jar
- Confluence Server 8.0.0 (self hosted)
Dear community,
I have just updated confluence server from 7.13.1 to 8.0.0.
At startup, Confluence first reported an error, saying that database tables should have utf8mb4 character set and utf8mb4_bin collation. (Unfortunately I did not write down the exact message and logs are purged).
I verified, server hat the correct character set but my database unfortunately not. So I followed the steps in the following document to fix this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/how-to-fix-the-collation-and-character-set-of-a-mysql-database-744326173.html
I verified the database again with the SQL statements given in above document, as far as I can see, I have character set utf8mb4 and collation utf8mb4_bin everywhere in the MySQL confluence database now.
Sill, on startup I get the error:
Detected tables with non-default character encoding. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/TABrFw
Unfortunately the log file does not provide more information:
2022-12-03 11:21:19,634 ERROR [Catalina-utility-1] [atlassian.confluence.setup.BootstrapApplicationStartupListener] checkConfigurationOnStartup Detected tables with non-default character encoding. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/x/TABrFw
I am pretty lost now - was utf8mb4 wrong? How to proceed?
Kind regards,
Michael