After restoring a page, I moved it to a different parent page. Now, I am unable to find that page either in Trash or under the original parent or the parent page I moved it to. Any idea what could have happened?
Did you search for the page in confluence. will it display any results ? Else perform re-indexing
Thanks for the prompt answer. Yes, I searched for the page in confluence, but could not find it. Can you please let me know how to re-index? I tried to look for options as Space Admin, but could not find it.
Hi Crissly,
When you restore a page from the Trash, it ends up at the root level of the page hierarchy:
- Deleted Page 1- Deleted Page 2- Home -Page 1 -Page 2etc.
Any pages that are on the same level of the hierarchy as the home page are not visible; they have to be children of the home page in order to be visible.
In order to see the pages that are on the root level of the directory, you need to browse Pages in the tree view.
Go to the space where you restored the page and Go to Space Tools -> Reorder Pages (or Browse, Pages, Tree View when using the Documentation Theme) and you should hopefully be able to find it. To be able to see it again, just move it somewhere underneath the homepage (you can just drag and drop).
Reindex is not in the space admin, it is in the Confluence admin menu, i.e. Gear Icon -> General Configuration -> Content Indexing (under Administration)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.