I'm trying to build a query that will return stories with a status = In Progress where there are no subtasks In Progress. Any suggestions? I'm stuck! JCL is an option.
Hello @Jodi Hughes
Welcome to the community.
What do you mean by "JCL"? Do you mean JQL (Jira query language) or are you referring to some third party app?
Are you using Jira Server or Jira Data Center? What version are you using?
What do you need to do with the results once you have them?
Apologies! Bad typing & a long day! I intended to say JQL.
I'm using jira core server v8.20
The query results will be displayed in a dashboard to alert the user's. Stories that are in progress without subtasks in progress need their attention.
Thanks!
Do you have any third party apps available to you that extend JQL capabilities, such as Adaptavist Scriptrunner or JQL Search Extensions?
I don't believe you can accomplish this without a third party app.
If you have Adaptavist Scriptrunner I think this would work:
project = <your project> and type not in subtaskIssueTypes() and status="In Progress" and issuefunction in hasSubtasks and not issuefunction in parentsOf("status='In Progress'")
Worked beautifully! Thank you so much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.