Hi
I'm having issues upgrading our production confluence installation from version 4.1.9 to version 4.2.0. I've attempted this twice and both times I've been forced to roll back the upgrade.
The Upgrade in its self is sucessful and i can log into confluence, however when i request a page i get a browser error indicating that /pages/viewpage.vm cannot be found. In the application log i see the following error:
2012-04-11 13:31:21,738 WARN [http-8280-5] [adaptavist.plm.service.VerificationServiceTrackerCustomizer] addingService PLM Jar file was not signed by PLM Root Certificate, License Service will be unavailable
-- referer: http://confluence.us.sagepub.org/dashboard.action | url: /display/SPSI/Alfresco+Installation+on+Ubuntu+10.4 | userName: Fowler | action: viewpage | page: 44237099
2012-04-11 13:31:22,190 ERROR [http-8280-5] [opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.VelocityResult] doExecute Unable to render Velocity Template, '/pages/viewpage.vm'
-- referer: http://confluence.us.sagepub.org/dashboard.action | url: /display/SPSI/Alfresco+Installation+on+Ubuntu+10.4 | userName: Fowler | action: viewpage | page: 44237099
org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException: Unable to find resource '/pages/viewpage.vm'
...
...
I have macro's (templates) on all my pages that use the adaptivist free plugins, activiated by the Plugin Licensing Manager (PLM). My suspicion is that the WARN statement above means that when the PLM License Service is unavailable, that all the Adaptivis plugins also fail, and ultimately causes the ERROR i see in the logs.I have attached the full log of a fresh restart for reference.
Can I ask - has anyone else expeienced this issue and found a resolve before i talk to the Adaptivist community??
Many thanks.
Gavin. (atlassian-confluence.log)